I missed a week last week for the first time since finally launching these podcasts back in April, mostly due to starting a class at The Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M, as I mentioned last time.
A number of stories in the last couple weeks, some that are just… odd, that’s the best word to use, including one sad and distressing one that I start off with.
I review those stories and then go into the themes for this week:
● The need for those of us in the assistance dog community to focus on having our own act together, as opposed to worrying and complaining about others so much
● “Give us the tools and we will finish the job” – classic Winston Churchill quote that applies in this case to the responsibility of assistance dog organizations to give the community they are asking to educate the public, particularly about “fake service dogs”, the tools to do that
This Week’s Stories / Links
● Brent Brooks
● Assistance Dogs Northwest expanding in Washington and looking for permanent property
● Gov Christie signs New Jersey transit service dog law
● Rottweiler “service dog” bites child in Hamilton, Ohio government building
● You picked the wrong judge
● Visually impaired man and guide dog thrown out of Kansas bar
● “Give us the tools and we will finish the job”
4″ x 6″ Card – Front
4″ x 6″ Card – Back