The Dog Chief 2013 – 2018
- Provide complete range of assistance dog consulting services
Volunteer Military Veteran Program Coordinator 2005 – 2013
Canine Companions for Independence
- Provided advice and guidance to CCI CEO, National Staff, and regional staffs on veterans service dog matters.
- Member of the CCI Veterans Task Force that coordinated outreach to potential military veteran assistance dog candidates, especially wounded warriors.
- Point-of-contact for and networked with CCI graduates and volunteers nationwide.
- Represented CCI at major events including Warrior Games.
- Interfaced with representatives from government and private agencies including DOD, VA, military services wounded warrior offices, Challenged Athletes Foundation, US Paralympics.
- Reviewed proposed legislation and VA regulations at CCI CEO request and provided input.
- Responded to questions from potential service dog candidates, particularly veterans.
- Monitored all news sources and social media; provided relevant curated information both internally and externally.
- Contacted major military medical rehab center staff (BAMC/CFI, WRAMC, NMCSD C5) to discuss potential service dog placements; resulted in Facility Dog placement at C5.
- Secured CCI veteran graduate speaker for major regional fundraising event.
- Followed through on contacts from potential donors, resulted in thousands of dollars for CCI.
- Co-raised/raised three CCI puppies.
Researcher 2006 – 2012
Provided advice and guidance on online presence strategies. Gathered current intelligence including relevant developments and competitors’ approaches. Performed deep searches using various methods and search engines to find background data, usually on short notice.
Recruiter 2005 – 2006
MR-The Summit Group
Working independently from home, contacted and placed financial advisor candidates for Smith Barney, a global, full-service financial firm with more than 500 offices throughout the US.
Senior Technical Consultant 1999 – 2002
Precise Software Solutions
Conducted Oracle database and application performance tuning and audit engagements primarily at Fortune 500 companies’ corporate headquarters. Trained customers in software usage and methodologies for identifying performance bottlenecks. Worked completely independently from home while geographically separated from Precise corporate headquarters 2000 miles away. Handled all engagement details beginning with pre-trip technical preparation, customer coordination, scheduling, and logistics continuing through actual completion of the engagement.
Clients I performed engagements with included Agilent, Air Force Military Personnel Center, Alcoa, Ameritrade, Applied Materials, BP Amoco, City of Seattle, CNA Insurance, Corporate Express, Discover, Disney, FedEx, Fisher Scientific, Ford, Georgia Tech, Imation, Keebler, Kelly Services, Level 3, Maersk, Motorola, Pacific Life, Progressive Insurance, Qwest, Ralston Purina, Revlon, Robert Half, Seagate, St Judes Hospital, Time Warner, Xerox, Yamaha.
Senior Technical Analyst 1997 -1999
Member of Oracle Enterprise Manager team within Oracle Support Services. Provided expert technical support for database management and tuning products. Guided customers on database installation, setup, and configuration, including initialization parameters. Directed customers to appropriate data dictionary views, particularly dynamic performance views. Troubleshot customer problems by reviewing alert logs, trace files, and database configuration files. Presented technical session at International Oracle Users Group-Americas Live. Achieved Oracle Certified Professional DBA certification.
Proposal Specialist 1995 -1997
ITT Federal Services Corporation
Wrote proposals as part of team which won government contracts worth over $300 million and received highest corporate award. Provided guidance and expertise for incorporation of information systems technology.
Superintendent, Dean of Faculty 1993 -1994
United States Air Force Academy
Reported to the Dean of Faculty and facilitated his leadership of 800 faculty and staff personnel.
Group Sergeant Major / Superintendent 1989 -1993
United States Air Force Academy
Advised senior leadership on the training and supervision of thousands of officer candidates. Provided officer candidates with career philosophy and expectations. Effectively lived with the Cadet Wing; my office was in what normally would have been a cadet room.
Program Manager / Airborne Linguist 1974 -1989
United States Air Force
Managed $50 million new tactical information system acquisition (Senior Scout) from preliminary design to delivery. Translated operational requirements into concepts for engineers to design technical solutions. Deployed to and flew with overseas operational units to evaluate electronic systems performance. Coordinated requirements and resolved differences among national agencies, contractors, and end users. Briefed many high-level government officials, including Deputy Undersecretary of Defense. Managed support for 120 people, including $170,000 budget and manpower requirements. Supervised 35-person shift; increased computer system usage and shift productivity 10%. Various flying and ground assignments in the United States and overseas as a Russian and Vietnamese linguist.
- Graduate Certificate In Nonprofit Management, Bush School of Government and Public Service, Texas A&M University, 2017
- M.S., Management, Colorado Technical College, 1991
- B.S., Business Administration, St. Joseph’s College, 1989
- A.A.S., Interpreting and Translating, Community College of the Air Force, 1985
- Russian (Basic), Vietnamese (Basic and Intermediate), Defense Language Institute
- Oracle 8i Certified Database Administrator (DBA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Winner on The Price Is Right